Thursday 23 April 2009

GUKPT Manchester Playing Main Event Day 1B

40% Rake Back Deal Click Here
Decided to play a £111.00 ten seater sit and go for a ticket to the GUKPT Main Event and managed to win the seat after a marathon heads up battle that lasted 4 levels. (20 mins levels).

I offered the young Scottish chap a 20% saver swap before we started heads up play and perhaps he saw that as a sign of weakness in me and said that he had shares with his friends so no thanks! The irony was I busted his friend in 3rd when I filled up with Aces and 4's having flopped a set of aces whilst my opponent fished for his flush which hit on the river but consequently pairing the board housing me up.

My heads up opponent was a very good player and the chip lead chopped and changed. I got a streak of cards at the end of the 1600/800 level and battered his chip stack down where it was soon push or fold level. I only made 1 major gamble and that was when he shoved when the blinds ticked over to 2k/1k where I had a 5-6k chip lead. I knew he would try and steal at this point and I sensed weakness snap calling with KJ to his Q5. It was a big call but I felt it was the right decision and he never improved with me hitting a J on the river for good measure.

Maybe next time he will reconsider a 20% saver as I know I would if offered in this position.

Will post some updates from Manchester on Friday.
Until then adieu.



Join the biggest poker site in the world - PokerStars.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment