Sunday 15 March 2009

Welcome to Poker Profiler.



When you sit down at a 'live' tournament table you want to know who you are up against and unless you play at all the festivals and are a full time player it is very hard to be aware of those that are experienced.

My first big live event was the inaugural GUKPT in Bolton where I managed to get to the final table which was televised and shown on channel 4 in the UK. At that event I was playing against players that I absolutely knew nothing about. My first experience was sharing a table with Julian Thew - who later that year in 2007 and 2008 went on a rush of tournament wins. Lawrence Gosney, Praz Bansi, Joe Grech,Karl Mahrenholz , Mick Fletcher , James Dempsey where all players I tussled with on my way to winning a reasonable payday. All these guys had miles more experience than me.
This blog will help identify who the stronger players are.If you get a healthy re-raise from these guys on the turn you know you are in trouble. Good luck at the tables.

Overview as written on PokerBlogs.com

I developed pokerprofiler as I have played against some very good players live over the past 3 years in the UK , Europe and the USA and wanted to profile them firstly on a blog but it will soon be transitioned on to a website. I Started playing poker back in 2005. Won a big online Sunday event for $106k USD in April 2006. Then started playing live mainly on the fast growing GUKPT circuit in the UK. Made a televised Final table at the GUKPT Bolton January 2007 finishing 4th for $35k USD. Then played in 7-8 events past 2 seasons losing 7 coinflips around levels 7-10 never coming out on the good side. As a result of these tournaments I have played against a lot of the top European pros. Also played WSOP ME in 2007 and 2 smaller events in 2008. Recent claim to fame was winning 6 steps sit and go's in a row to win a seat to the London EPT- Beating BustoSoon Heads up for the seat. (At the London EPT event lasted 10 hours played Luca Pagano , Gus Hansen , Gavin Griffine etc - Got busted out by Max Pescatori when I shoved all in to steal the blinds.He woke up with a hand and added to his chip lead) Also played the WSOPE HORSE and endured Phil Hellmuth for 8 plus hours. (He was half funny half annoying) Managed to bag up for day 2 but got knocked out by Barney Boatman in Omaha8 rotation Flush vs Full House on the 2nd day. I would like to play a lot more live poker in 2009 and 2010 and from time to time I will update events I have an interest in. I know a lot of players on the circuit and many I will profile in the blog. Good luck at the tables.
Join the biggest poker site in the world - PokerStars.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment